TAG & Permiting

Truck Permitting Services

The Elite Carrier Services has the professional, qualified and experienced personnel to manage, administer, transmit and advise clients on their Federal and State Permits which they will need to operate in intrastate and interstate commerce within the forty eight (48) Sates, as well as in Canada and Mexico. By utilizing The Elite Carrier Truck Permitting Services, you are allowing our staff to administer all your companies Permitting renewals, expirations, transfers as well as any applicable amendments or changes to the existing Federal and States Rules and Regulations. Also, all companies individual permitting information will be readily available in our Information Technology (IT) System, assuring that your company will always be in compliance with applicable Federal and State Laws and Regulations.

IFTA Permit

IFTA Permit

International Fuel Tax Agreement
More info

Fuel Tax

Fuel Taxes

Fuel Tax Quarterly Reports
More info

Florida Tags

Florida Tags

International Registration Plan (IRP) Florida Tags
More info

International Fuel Tax Agreement Permit (IFTA)
States Permits
Federal Permits
Fuel Tax Quarterly Reports
IRP - Local License Tags
Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMV) Title/Registration Transfers
IRS Road Taxes
Establishment of for Profit Companies
Federal Employment Identification Number (FEIN)

IFTA Permit

The International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) is an agreement between the lower forty eight (48) states of the United States and the ten (10) Canadian provinces, as well as their three (3) Territories, to simplify the reporting of fuel use by motor carriers that operate in more than one jurisdiction. The Elite Carrier Services transmit new IFTA permits and/or renewals so that authorized transporter obtains an IFTA license and decals for each qualifying vehicle that they are authorized to operate.

State Permits

There are certain States, within the lower 48, which require permits to allow Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMV) to travel within their boundaries, please contact us to provide you with the latest information on this issue.

Fuel Tax Quarterly Reports

Fuel Tax Quarterly Reports are to be reported by the end of the following month, except for Kentucky, New Mexico, New York and Oregon, after the completion of each calendar year quarter, as follows:

First – January 1 – March 31 April 30
Second – April 1 – June 30 July 31
Third – July 1 – September 30 October 31
Fourth – October 1 – December 31 January 31

We thrive on keeping our clients up-to-date on reporting and paying Fuel Taxes on time, by supplying clients with the necessary forms to easily report their fuel consumption, making the task easier for both the clients and the managing authority.

International Registration Plan (IRP) Florida Tags

The IRP agreement allows for carriers to operate more efficiently without obtaining registration from each individual jurisdiction they conduct over the road business. An apportioned vehicle is a commercial vehicle operating in two or more state jurisdictions under the IRP used for the transportation of either persons or property. Our professional personnel at The Elite Carrier Services will process your permit for operating with an IRP Florida Tag in all clients chosen jurisdictions.

Title Transfers Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMV)

We are able to process State of Florida Form HSMV 82040 to obtain your new Florida CMV Title, as long as you supply the required documentation to be transmitted to the Motor Vehicle Department in Tallahassee, Florida.

Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax

Intrastate and Interstate for hire Transportation company’s must file with the Internal Revenue Service’s on a yearly basis, by August 31, for the tax period that begins on July 1 and ends on June 30 of the subsequent year, of the taxable highway motor vehicle registered under State, District of Columbia, Canadian or Mexican law and the vehicle has a taxable gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more. The Elite Carrier Service professional staff will provide you with the necessary advice to successfully comply with this IRS requirement.

Corporations FEIN

The Elite Carrier Services has the professional personnel to form any type of business or commercial entity, in any of the lower 48 States, to operate as a Corporation, Limited Liability Company (LLC) or Incorporation (INC). We can place your commercial entity in the adequate business category, file all the required documents, and process all your New Corporations Federal and State Permits, Licenses and Insurance paperwork.

Federal Permits

All companies that operate Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMV) with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of 26,000 pounds or more are required to have a USDOT issued number to operate as a for hire carrier hauling different commodities over the road whether an Intrastate or Interstate Motor Carrier. Also, if you are an Interstate Motor Carrier, or transport/pick-up merchandise into Airports, Maritime Ports, Federal Military Installations, etc., is required to have an MC Number and a valid Operating Authority issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation.

DOT Number
MC Number

DOT Number
Our professional staff can readily process your company’s USDOT number, if you meet the below shown conditions specified in the Federal Law: Companies that operate commercial vehicles transporting passengers or hauling cargo in interstate commerce must be registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and must have a USDOT Number. Also, commercial intrastate hazardous materials carriers who haul quantities requiring a safety permit must register for a USDOT Number. The following Transportation entities require a USDOT number: Has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating, or gross vehicle weight or gross combination weight, of 4,536 kilograms (10,001 pounds) or more, whichever is greater; or Is designed or used to transport more than eight (8) passengers (including the driver) for compensation; or Is designed or used to transport more than fifteen (15) passengers, including the driver, and is not used to transport passengers for compensation; or Is used in transporting materials found by the Secretary of Transportation to be hazardous and transported in a quantity requiring placarding. AND is involved in Interstate commerce, in trade traffic, or transportation in the United States: Between a place in a State and a place outside of such State (including a place outside of the United States); Between two (2) places in a State through another State or a place outside of the United States; or Between two (2) places in a State as part of trade, traffic, or transportation originating or terminating outside the State or the United States.

MC Number
The Elite Carrier services is able to process and transmit expeditiously your MC number with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), which under normal circumstances takes between 14 - 21 days to be issued and received by the applicant. The FMCSA requires Interstate Operating Authority (MC number), in addition to a DOT number, for any commercial motor vehicle that: Operate as for-hire carriers (for a fee or other compensation) Transport passengers in interstate commerce Transport federally-regulated commodities or arranging for their transport, in interstate commerce

The Elite Carrier Services can process and obtain your BOC-3 Federal Filing within 24 hours from the time of your request; this filing is required for the FMCSA to issue your Interstate Operating Authority (MC number). A BOC-3 is a United States federal filing that designates legal agents upon which process may be served. It pertains mostly to individuals or companies in the transportation and logistics industry, and it is often required before certain federal operating authorities can be granted within the United States. BOC stands for "blanket of coverage" and it typically assigns a person or business in each of the 50 US states to receive and forward legal documents.

Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) The Elite Carrier Services can process your UCR Registration as well as submit your annual UCR Filings within a twenty four (24) hours period, to be in compliance with the participant States that require it. The UCR Agreement applies to the following motor carriers: Property for hire carriers in interstate commerce Passenger carrier in interstate commerce Private carrier in interstate commerce The UCR is not required to travel within the following States:
New Jersey

New Mexico Weight Distance Tax
New Mexico imposes a weight-distance tax on owners, operators, and registrants of intra and interstate commercial motor vehicles with a declared gross vehicle weight in excess of 26,000 pounds. This tax is based on vehicle weight and miles traveled on New Mexico highways and roads, and companies must register and apply each year for a New Mexico Weight Distance Tax Electronic Permit for each vehicle operated; these companies must file a New Mexico Weight Distance Tax return on a quarterly basis, and pay the tax due to the MVD. The Elite Carrier Services' Truck Permitting Department will file your quarterly return on a timely basis to maintain your company within compliance, as prescribed by the State of New Mexico.
New York Highway Use Tax (HUT) Permit
At The Elite Carrier Services we setup your New York HUT Permit for an initial temporary registration within 24 - 48 hours of your insurance being filed with the FMCSA. Once confirmed, your registration will become permanent. Once we setup your New York HUT account, you must comply with the quarterly reports that is to be submitted to the state, service that we are able to perform on behalf of our clients. The New York HUT Permit is mandatory for carriers operating on public roads in the state of New York with a Gross Vehicle Weight of more than 18,000 pounds.
New Jersey Company Registration
The Elite Carrier Services will submit the required documentation to allow USDOT authorized companies, to load and unload commodities in the State of New Jersey, while operating in interstate commerce, as prescribed by the New Jersey State Law.
KYU License
The Elite Carrier Services will provide clients with professional services to file your KYU License quarterly taxes. KYU (Kentucky Highway Use Tax) is a weight-distance tax based on the mileage traveled by a motor vehicle to or through the State of Kentucky. This permit is required if your commercial vehicle travels through the State of Kentucky and its gross weight is 60,000 pounds or above. As soon as your KYU license is issued, the corresponding company must file quarterly reports.
Pre Pass Application
Pre-Pass is an automatic vehicle identification system that enables participating transponder-equipped commercial vehicles to be pre-screened throughout the nation at designated weigh stations, port-of-entry facilities and agricultural interdiction facilities. Cleared vehicles are then able to "bypass" the facility while traveling at highway speed, eliminating the need to stop. As part of our professional services, The Elite Carrier Services processes and transmit your Pre Pass Application, so that the device will be sent to the designated address.